The Ridgefield Police Department provides several services to Ridgefield’s residents and visitors.

Concealed Weapon Permits

The cost for a new license is $49.25. You may renew your concealed weapon permit up to 90 days prior to expiration for $32. Late renewal is 90 days after expiration for $42.  If your previous permit has expired more than 90 days, you are required to apply as an original applicant. Call the Police Department at 360-887-3556 for an appointment, and bring a piece of identification with you.

View and download the Concealed Pistol License Application (PDF).

A replacement Concealed Pistol License is $10.

Prescription Medications

Ridgefield Police Department participates in Med Project to offer a kiosk drop-off site for expired or unwanted medicines. The kiosk is in the Police Department lobby during business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.

Accepted items include any medications in any dosage form, except for those identified as not accepted" (see below), in their original container or sealed bag.

Items that are not accepted include:

  • Herbal Remedies
  • Vitamins
  • Supplements
  • Cosmetics
  • Other Personal Care Products
  • Medical Devices
  • Batteries
  • Mercury-Containing Thermometers
  • Sharps
  • Illicit Drugs
  • Pet Pesticide Products

The protect your privacy, patients are reminded to remove all personally identifiable information on medication labels or packaging before disposing of unwanted medicines. 

Do not place medicines in the trash or recycling, and never flush them down the toilet.

Dog Licenses

The City requires licensing for dogs ages six months and older. To obtain a license, complete and return the Dog License Application (PDF).

Fees include $20 per dog for a yearly license if spayed/neutered and $30 for non-spayed/non-neutered animals. We are now offering a lifetime license for $50. Please bring proof of rabies with you.

Vacation Check

To request that an officer check your home while you are out of town, complete the Vacation Home Check Form (PDF) and return to the Police Department. You may return it in person to the Police Department, or by emailing it to Sandra Hoots.


The Police Department offers fingerprinting services for a nominal fee. Contact the Police Department to make an appointment.

Found Property Form

If you wish to claim found property, use the Found Property Form (PDF) and follow the instructions.

Requesting Police Department Records

To request records from the Police Department, complete the Public Records Request Form (PDF).  You may drop the form off at the office or email it to Sandra Hoots. There is a nominal fee for each disclosure. For more information about requesting public records, see the City Clerk page.

Street Lights & Parking Issues

To report street light outages, parking problems, or code enforcement issues, submit a request through Access Ridgefield.

Read more about Vehicles and Parking.